So here is my Cybher Meet & Greet (what a wonderful idea – I’m going to check out all the other bloggers and follow on Twitter now!)
So this is me…
Name: Charelle (almost no one pronounces it right - it should really start with S - Shir-elle - so I’ll answer to anything that sounds vaguely like it... Cheryl, Shirley....you get the drift!)
Twitter ID: BookaholicMum
Height: A titchy 5’ 1”
Hair: Currently brown with a rebel uprising from the greys! Want to be blond again but will involve all sorts of nasty stripping or growing out the brown and am currently undecided on the lesser of these two evils.
Five Things You Should Know About Me
1. I am a party girl at heart and spent most of my youth drinking and dancing (occasionally on tables). I think I was unduly influenced by the Flossie Teacake books I read as a 10-year-old. Now I am a mum of two little girls I’m very likely to get tipsy on a glass of wine and can be found in bed by 10pm most nights.
2. I’m originally from Northern Ireland but have been living in London for almost 14 years. I married a lovely Essex Boy and now my accent is all over the place. I still have a massive soft spot for my home city and I love the book The Teahouse on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens which is a very funny tale set in Belfast and doesn’t mention The Troubles! Hurrah because there is so much more to the place than that
3. I am a card-carrying feminist with a capital F! I am extremely conscious of how women and girls are portrayed in books, TV and films – even more so now that I have two daughters. I found Natasha Walker’s book Living Dolls: The Return of Sexism a fascinating read and thoroughly recommend it.
4. My guilty pleasure is celebrity gossip and I’m addicted to trashy magazines. I know this is slightly contradictory to point 4 but I hold my hands up I do love snuggling down on the sofa with a bar of chocolate and a copy of the National Enquirer or Closer! When I fancy something a bit higher quality I go for the glossy mags – Red is my current favourite.
5. As well as writing my blog I’m a wife and mum and have a full time job. In my (very limited) free time I read as much as I can and am currently reading Second Glance by Jodi Picoult.